Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Winterdeep 06

Winterdeep is the cool breeze that tells us our past has returned - and it is hungryOk well here we go … a wanion in Cancer for the Winterdeep Night … man that is gonna suck for some people I imagine! I mean does it GET any more withdrawn than that? Add to this the fact that (as I understand it) Mercury is as a far East as it gets and well … geez not only do you not WANT to talk to anyone … anything you DO say will be taken wrongly, poorly heard and not actually connect with the grey matta until later down the track …. What a Train Wreck!

Suffice to say that the omens aren’t real good. Just as well we are gonna be indoors I expect!!!

Good too that the talk I did out at the dam on the weekend was prior to all this kerfuffle. While out there I heard several people say that the meet out there at that time was the last of it’s kind they should be doing .. no surprises there given the time. Still a good time was had by all and well that’s the idea .. if some people actually got some useful info or memory out of it one simply can’t complain!

Now I have, in the past given heaps of info on this time of year and these screeds can be found at:

http://bissekarthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/07/word-on-yule.html

http://bissekarthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/07/yule-bedtime-story.html
http://bissekarthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/07/yule-comes.html


So I really don’t think I need to play the game with all the Yule nonsense anymore. This time round I will simply give out what is needed and what can be useful. Others can keep their dated somewhat irrelevant practices and I’ll be moving on to something USEFUL!

Midwinter is the darkest time of year. It is easy to work out because it is the Winter Solstice – that is the apex of this power.

This is a very simple time to celework. You will need a couple of fine white candles and a secure place to have them lit. At the moment of dusk you will light the first candle and place behind it pictures of everyone you hold dear. When this candle burns down you will use it’s flame to light another. These candles are your care for them and tonight you must not let the flame go out. About midnight you should sit down and regard the pictures one by one and say to the pictures, each in turn all that you would say if you were alone with them and you knew they were about to die. Finally wish them your very best and tell them that you care and will understand if they have to go.

For those who dearly love some ideas for covenwork – you will just have to add to this extra frippery until you create a juggernaut of lace trimmings … or you can go back to the old screeds mentioned above. Now must away and prepare.


In the spirit of Winterdeep I grant this wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home