Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hmmmm ...

I was thinking .... musing really on how damn funny it is that some people that have always revelled in their deep mystery can be found out quickly by any ol fool with a net connection and five minutes .... and when they are found they call it net stalking ....

I think that is funny ... even funnier is the number of people who will post into some list or other under three or four different names .... oh man .. that is SPECIAL .... even funnier when eventually they slip up .. in public.

All my christmasses at once.

Anyway that reminded me of some things I said to a whinger ... and what ho? Here they are!

How coincidental ... hahahah

"Judgmental is a word you have used to describe me (as if that in itself is not ironic!) another is subjective. I will use both of this to describe you instead I think. I could go on to say overly histrionic and knee jerk but that is then beginning to verge on my OPINION.

For anyone who wants to have a go at me I would say this – do so. DON’T try to dress it up as being the moral high ground. If you “wanna take a poke at me” at LEAST have the courage and honesty to do so under the reasoning that you JUST WANT TO. At least then I can respect your position as opposed to sadly viewing it as more of the usual high school grade nonsense that most of us have come here to this list to AVOID. Besides, frankly, if my posts offend then DON’T READ THEM.

If you think I am wrong about something then say so, why and forward some provable argument.
If you for whatever reason want to take issue with me then JUST DO IT.
If you think I am out of line then say so in public and give actual reasons in a coherent manner.
If you want to take me up on something be prepared to back your claims up.
If you think I am WAY out of line then feel free to REPORT it.

These procedures are I believe all common knowledge, common courtesy and common sense. I personally think all of this is simply just being fair and it is MOST CERTAINLY the background I view all posts on this list and any other from.

I do, I will admit post at length. The reason for this is that I am used to having to actually QUALIFY and JUSTIFY what I assert not simply nullifying what someone says without evidence or dance about saying “Oh yes I agree with you cause you are sooo knowledgeable/published/old/young/conformist/independent/whatever” - still with me? I have a point for everything I post but flatter my audience that I should not have to constantly provide précis and summations in short sentences and “monosyllabics” – which would be insulting in the extreme to my mind.

If you CAN NOT understand what I am saying or can not grasp the point might I suggest asking for clarification?

If you need small posts in the little words with the well spaced pictures to relieve the boredom that I know of many books I can suggest – the same can be said of forums. While I am on the subject, I should also state that while long they may be; they provide all the information I can muster from all angles I can think of on the subject to hand (consider it charity if you must - I call it courtesy) and thereby avoid the common problem of everything, no matter the subject suddenly being like where I live or what I think. I do not relate everything to my favourite subject, time period or town (however historically famous and important I might feel it to be) as I understand that to do so is POINTLESS.

Presumably when people initiate discussion it is to gain as much info as possible and I do what I can.

Frankly I must say, form myself that I will not be sorry to see you go as I have not seen any real positive contribution from you whatsoever – and yes I have read all of your posts. Where I come from you would rather be labeled simply a “sh*t stirrer” who delights in hero worship and irritation to the embarrassment of others.

Add to this the usual, but don’t bother responding because I won’t listen, well the words you said were: “Grow up!” I put forward that this is exactly why I (and so many others too) don't generally have much invested in forums - too much quiet behind the scenes whinging due to the agendas of some being forced to actually account for themselves instead of being treated as holy gospel and the respective holy pope.

I am putting this to everyone so everyone gets their say - not just quiet bitching ended with the ever popular "I am going now so don't bother trying to respond - I won't listen" cr*p. That just goes on and on because it isn't ever called the stupidity that it IS in public - just hidden where it can fester and condoned by the silence of those who aren't asked their opinion. I am and WILL NOT indulge the desires for some of back and forth flame war antics. If I am asked straight questions or given direct accusation I will answer them in as clear and precise a manner as I can. If I am simply abused I will ignore it and let the words of they speak for themselves.

Putting it to who ever actually runs the board - Hell it is simple and I have said it more than once - if those who own the sandpit reckon I am too out of line to play in it then so be it. As far as I am concerned this is the territory of the owner and if they say “apologise for such and such” I should either do so or pack the bags. I don't make empty statements and am always ready to explain every single thing to whatever extent is required - however much that may embarrass and irritate those unable to do likewise.

To be clear and short, I call a spade a spade and see no reason why I should tolerate this kind of eighth grade nonsense. I further here reiterate some things I said earlier: I would invite at this stage ALL people on this list who feel that I have victimized them to respond here in public with the instance and why you felt victimized. I will personally and precisely explain in whatever detail is required the “why” of my disagreement. OR if you can show that I have been callously victimizing you in contravention of the wishes of the majority of this list and its rulings I WILL UNRESEVREDLY APOLOGISE FOR IT.

Can’t say fairer than that.

I CERTAINLY will not be discommoded by you not hearing what I have to say I assure you.

For the record, (an insult perhaps but well tit for tat) your posts are the simplest form of trite text book regurgitation I have come to expect from those of and recently from the now stumbling new age goddess cult movements. Not only that but they come in the standard self important “Ive been to Uni and fancy myself an anthropologist” tone that we see all too much of instead of actual identification, information and interaction.

You have wound it up with the ever popular: "But please don’t respond for my benefit because I never intend to open this topic again.” Ahhh the final word – lovely that means I won’t be bored with you continuing it. As I have stated, this is not for your benefit, to be honest I don’t honestly believe you would benefit from it – it is so that I can say exactly what I think.

I stand by everything I have said and see nothing I regret. This particular set is called right of reply and comes as a response promised by me for anyone who thought I was being too harsh to explain my stances and (one would hope) make clear that had I wanted to simply be nasty and attack – there would be no doubt whatsoever in anyone’s mind that I had done so.

I type what I do after consideration of what is said by others.

I then review what I have said to be sure it is what I want to say and RELEVANT and then I post it – it is a pity that it seems that so many others won’t or can’t do the same.

Tee Hee ... I love being me ... for the record!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home